A Thirst Quencher for A Stubborn Girl

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

I am here to expose my sister and share with you a new favorite drink of mine. So let's go.

My sister is obsessed with tiktok. Pantang lepa mesti duk mengadap phone tengok tiktok. I don't understand her obsession but at least she's not filming one. So anyway.. Satu hari ni dia mesej masa aku kat office "Kak, beli limau nipis 5 biji". Aku macam, okay.. I guess I'm your errand girl since you can't leave home.

So I bought her 5 beautiful, juicy, shiny limes. The skin was thin and not too hard to squeeze. That's how you know it has reached its full JUICEABILITY!!! Senang cerita, cari la limau yang besar-besar for maximum juice yield.

I'm not one to ask. Aku memang jenis yang malas tanya dan malas amik tahu so aku tengok je dia duk melilau-lilau kat dapur. Pelik aku tengok dia belah-belah semua limau tu. Apa ko nak buat dengan limau nipis 5 bijik? Ko nak bomohkan sape?

Lepas tu dia capai blender. Aku kalau orang pegang blender aku ni memang sensitif sikit. Benda dah pakai dekat 6 tahun. Memang seriau la kot-kot jahanam blender panasonic aku. At this stage, I couldn't feign disinterest so I asked her.

"Ko nak buat apa ni?"
"Brazilian limeade" dia jawab.
"Hah?" aku tanya sebab what-the-hell is a Brazilian limeade? Brazilian wax aku tau la.

Lepas tu dia dengan mata besar dia tu, dengan sengih lebar tunjuk kat aku video tiktok ntah dari mana buat Brazilian Limeade. Basically you have to blend 5 lime with half cup of condensed milk, quarter cup of sugar and 5 cups of cold water in a big blender until all the limes were blended into fine. Wait.. wait.. wait.. logically, kalau kau blend a whole lime, it's gonna be hella bitter so I advised her against it.

"Jangan blend the whole limau. Amik jus pastu parut sikit kulit dia. Pahit tu karang kalau blend sebijik macam tu" but of course she won't listen to me. She's dead stubborn so I let her. Aku memang dah dapat agak dah rasa dia macam mana tapi kita bagi chan la budak nak experiment. So kitorang pun tunggu berbuka. (Oh aku lupa bagitau.. benda ni jadi masa bulan puasa haritu)

Azan berkumandang. The moment of truth is here. 

I kid you not, the look on her face was hilarious. She tried so hard to mask her disdain over the bitter drink. Like seriously, what did you expect? I guess the authentic Brazilian Limeade is supposed to taste bitter. It was strangely addictive though. Apart from tasting painfully bitter, it tastes refreshing. Of course I was gonna gloat.. "Haa see.. I told you already but you didn't listen. Degil kan".

The next few days I tried experimenting with the ingredients. First of all, no lime rind. Gigih perah limau, tapis bijik sebab taknak bagi pahit. Aku kurangkan limau nipis 5 bijik jadi 2-3 biji untuk single serving. Gula pun kurangkan sikit sebab bila dah tak pahit, memang serius manis air ni jadinya. On second trial, it was deadass tasty!

I'm sorry for bastardizing the original recipe. This is why I will not be calling it the Brazilian Limeade and I will call it Solero Limeade instead. Serius rasa dia ada cam ice-cream Solero tu. 

Since rasa dia pun ada ura-ura, aku pun cam.. hmm.. this is not green enough. Lagipun kat rumah memang ada pewarna hijau epal dari star brand (uhuhuhu, bukan iklan berbayar) so why not kan. Biasanya aku celup toothpick je dalam botol pewarna. Whatever yang terlekat kat lidi tu jela aku campur dalam minuman ni. So takdelah hijau gila. Just ura-ura hijau gitu.

So ending cerita hari ni, terima la olahan resepi Solero Limeade untuk dicuba. Eloklah kalau korang ejas-ejas sendiri kuantiti bahan tu sebab aku pun main agak-agak, main eye-balling je most of the time.



Adieu

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ejas-ejas sikit Nad. Bab blend tu penting. Kang berketul jadi yogurt instead of limeade.

      Delete
  2. Ahahahaha ey ni kisah adik ko yang dentist tu ke? Kim salam kat dia eh~ (≧▽≦)

    Siyes la ada iras2 Solero? I better go get myself some juicy limes and condensed milk! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ada la iras-iras sikit. klau nk rasa lagi mcm solero, tambah sikit esen vanila kot. That milky taste would be enhanced.

      Delete

The way you comment is so telling...

Day,


Part time normal, most of the time comic enthusiast. Almost always borderline crazy. Still experimenting with comic blogging. An engineer with a vision to not be taken seriously. Everything you read on this blog doesn't represent my gender, religion or profession as a whole. Other name you might associate with me are Deaday, DayGoon, JaeminGoon and *cough* Mona *cough*